Skip to main content

Dont Escape 3 game analysis

For our game design we are working on creating puzzle game and to  understand how puzzle games work we had to  pick out a puzzle game that resembled close to our idea. The puzzle game that i decided to go for was called Don't escape 3, is a first person puzzle action game and follows the pattern of Mystery House game which was produced by sierra.

The primary mechanics used for moving are the Left mouse button. that is used for the player to move from room to room. Unlocking doors and cracking doors, welding through  locks.The types of puzzles that are present are sequence puzzles, detective puzzle and, combinations etc. The puzzles in this game make the player The narration starts with you  being on a spaceship and there is a countdown for the airlocks to open and you being sucked out. As you quickly disengage airlock as the timer is running down. after which you have to find you way out of the room and noticing the surroundings, the narrative slowly is revealed to you that the crew has been murdered. You have series of logs that tell you what the crew was upto and gives the player an understanding of the past.  I kinda reminds me of  alien isolation of survival and i guess it should since its a suspense thriller game.  The game is completed once you understand who is the culprit is and you have two choices , its either killing them  or escaping.  The main game mechanics hold you collecting things and using them to solve the mystery, and repairing the mechanical doors that open new  rooms to explore.

 














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Particles Refrence and Tutorial!!!!!!!!

Hey guys! For this post, I am excited to announce that I have been learning particles in Unreal Engine 4. And i have to say I have learned alot and enjoyed learning particle this far.  When i first started learning them, I thought they would be complicated, but the statement prooved to be false and was surperised how easy it was to understand them and apply them. After practicing through the tutorials I have learned  all the different types of particles, such as, emitter particle effects, HUD emitter particle effects, Mesh particles, Ribbon particles,  animation curve particles. Anyway, continuing the current assignment, i had to do some research on what kind of a particle do I need to work on and how I can apply that to my other collaborative project of the racing level. And the answer to that was kinda obvious. since i wanted to  have a sand storm in my level, I decided to peruse the sand storm effect. I looked at few real life references and few game ones....

Interactive realistic water ripple effect with dissolving material

By Mayank Babbar Introduction: The original aim of this project was to have interactive water ripples with the player or any moving mesh in 3D space. To achieve this goal, I subdivided this project into the following 4 phases: Research. Process. Progress. Execution. Each of the above phases were treated as calculated time sensitive variables and were executed within the give time frame. Following is my timeline for each phase. Week Number Dates Phases 1 3/31 - 4/4 Research 2 4/7 – 4/11 Process - Progress 3 4/14 – 4/18 Progress -Execution 4 4/21 – 4/25 Execution- complete 5 4/28 – 5/2 Submit Phase 1: Research In this phase I researched on many games characters moving through water mesh.  I took references from the uncharted series, Tomb raider and others. After observing how water would react, I looked for tutorials online. They are as follows. How to make interactive water ripples with moving mesh https:/...

Level analysis of Asphalt 8 Airbone

Asphalt 8 Airborne -  London Track- Classic Game over view:  A sphalt  8 Airborne is a racing  game created for IOS and android systems. The game focuses solely on racing  and has individual missions on the side.   Its free to download and  has excellent graphics . There are 9 seasons  in the game, and each season consists of 15 races.   To advance into the next season you should have  collected a certain amount of stars ( act as experience points) to qualify  for next season or you could pay certain amount of money using your credit/ debit card. As you collect money and stars, you can buy  better cars and unlock more tracks. Some tracks can only be unlocked if you have purchased a specific brand of cars. Then again money is the other option. The game also have a multiplayer option. Game Play and Mechanics: • The game play is pretty straight forward. The level is designed to   potray an actual functioning ci...