Skip to main content

Research on Stunts and Maps

As I am getting closer to the deadline of creating the racing car game assignment , I was asked to do some research on stunts, stunt designs, theme and the story.  Something that inspired me throughout my research were as follows:

Stunt#1 Loop: This stunt  was super awesome when I first saw it. And it inspired me to add a loop  as a stunt in my level. But thinking and observing more into it, I thought why name make it a bit more difficult, there i modified the hoop a bit. In this stunt, I have thought why not have 4 lanes for the cars to enter, however, as they speed up, the lanes start to merge and the loop end with two lanes  on the top and opens back up towards the end of the mouth back to 4 lanes, Hiving the player an excitement as well as use strategies on how to win  or over come the opponents.




Stunt #2: Back Flip: This stunt requires speed, timing and precision. I was inspired by watching hot wheels movie  where the red team mentions back flip and after researching it, i thought that would be an awesome stunt to have.
Inspirations: Back flip - Hotwheels
                       Back Flip reference - 2

Landmarks: I am planning to use  actual landmarks  that are located in dubai, so that the player doesn't get lost on track. Most commons are: 

Burj Khalifa -  tallest building in the world

Emirates Tower
:Image result for emirates towers dubai

Etisalat Tower 1

Image result for etisalat tower 1

Feels:  I was thinking about how I wanted  my atmosphere to feel and As i thought more on it I realized that may be I can have sandstorms storm in the level some of the following images are what inspired me:



After researching on these images i thought that it would be better if the the sandstorm took place after the first lap. Where the players familiarize themselves with the track and then have a challenge to of depth of field.

Design ideas:
Playing with different designs my initial design as seen below,  was simply based on different levels I had played on Asphalt 8 and few other games. Based on my observation I made my racing track a bit challenging.  As you can see the track curves in certain areas but will not affect the players speed. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Particles Refrence and Tutorial!!!!!!!!

Hey guys! For this post, I am excited to announce that I have been learning particles in Unreal Engine 4. And i have to say I have learned alot and enjoyed learning particle this far.  When i first started learning them, I thought they would be complicated, but the statement prooved to be false and was surperised how easy it was to understand them and apply them. After practicing through the tutorials I have learned  all the different types of particles, such as, emitter particle effects, HUD emitter particle effects, Mesh particles, Ribbon particles,  animation curve particles. Anyway, continuing the current assignment, i had to do some research on what kind of a particle do I need to work on and how I can apply that to my other collaborative project of the racing level. And the answer to that was kinda obvious. since i wanted to  have a sand storm in my level, I decided to peruse the sand storm effect. I looked at few real life references and few game ones....

Interactive realistic water ripple effect with dissolving material

By Mayank Babbar Introduction: The original aim of this project was to have interactive water ripples with the player or any moving mesh in 3D space. To achieve this goal, I subdivided this project into the following 4 phases: Research. Process. Progress. Execution. Each of the above phases were treated as calculated time sensitive variables and were executed within the give time frame. Following is my timeline for each phase. Week Number Dates Phases 1 3/31 - 4/4 Research 2 4/7 – 4/11 Process - Progress 3 4/14 – 4/18 Progress -Execution 4 4/21 – 4/25 Execution- complete 5 4/28 – 5/2 Submit Phase 1: Research In this phase I researched on many games characters moving through water mesh.  I took references from the uncharted series, Tomb raider and others. After observing how water would react, I looked for tutorials online. They are as follows. How to make interactive water ripples with moving mesh https:/...

Level analysis of Asphalt 8 Airbone

Asphalt 8 Airborne -  London Track- Classic Game over view:  A sphalt  8 Airborne is a racing  game created for IOS and android systems. The game focuses solely on racing  and has individual missions on the side.   Its free to download and  has excellent graphics . There are 9 seasons  in the game, and each season consists of 15 races.   To advance into the next season you should have  collected a certain amount of stars ( act as experience points) to qualify  for next season or you could pay certain amount of money using your credit/ debit card. As you collect money and stars, you can buy  better cars and unlock more tracks. Some tracks can only be unlocked if you have purchased a specific brand of cars. Then again money is the other option. The game also have a multiplayer option. Game Play and Mechanics: • The game play is pretty straight forward. The level is designed to   potray an actual functioning ci...