Skip to main content

Story boarding for race car level

As I researched more in to my level design components, i was advised to  to create storyboards for my level. The story boarding of the racing track has actually made me realize how my level is going to feel and what will be the short comings that i may face when i create the level. Story boarding also gave me few positive results in my own decisions; one of them being, that a in certain twists and turns in the level, the player can actually see what are the obstacles that he/ she will face. there have been few limitations that i have come to realize as i was story boarding my level and one of them being that there was not enough challenge in  one of the shortcuts, which i will have to rectify.

However This has confirmed to me that  if this level is created , its going to be quite enjoyable, as one of the core mechanics that i am trying to include is speed. To get the perspective of every shot, I had created mock / gray box level of of the map and used it as reference.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Particles Refrence and Tutorial!!!!!!!!

Hey guys! For this post, I am excited to announce that I have been learning particles in Unreal Engine 4. And i have to say I have learned alot and enjoyed learning particle this far.  When i first started learning them, I thought they would be complicated, but the statement prooved to be false and was surperised how easy it was to understand them and apply them. After practicing through the tutorials I have learned  all the different types of particles, such as, emitter particle effects, HUD emitter particle effects, Mesh particles, Ribbon particles,  animation curve particles. Anyway, continuing the current assignment, i had to do some research on what kind of a particle do I need to work on and how I can apply that to my other collaborative project of the racing level. And the answer to that was kinda obvious. since i wanted to  have a sand storm in my level, I decided to peruse the sand storm effect. I looked at few real life references and few game ones....

Interactive realistic water ripple effect with dissolving material

By Mayank Babbar Introduction: The original aim of this project was to have interactive water ripples with the player or any moving mesh in 3D space. To achieve this goal, I subdivided this project into the following 4 phases: Research. Process. Progress. Execution. Each of the above phases were treated as calculated time sensitive variables and were executed within the give time frame. Following is my timeline for each phase. Week Number Dates Phases 1 3/31 - 4/4 Research 2 4/7 – 4/11 Process - Progress 3 4/14 – 4/18 Progress -Execution 4 4/21 – 4/25 Execution- complete 5 4/28 – 5/2 Submit Phase 1: Research In this phase I researched on many games characters moving through water mesh.  I took references from the uncharted series, Tomb raider and others. After observing how water would react, I looked for tutorials online. They are as follows. How to make interactive water ripples with moving mesh https:/...

Level analysis of Asphalt 8 Airbone

Asphalt 8 Airborne -  London Track- Classic Game over view:  A sphalt  8 Airborne is a racing  game created for IOS and android systems. The game focuses solely on racing  and has individual missions on the side.   Its free to download and  has excellent graphics . There are 9 seasons  in the game, and each season consists of 15 races.   To advance into the next season you should have  collected a certain amount of stars ( act as experience points) to qualify  for next season or you could pay certain amount of money using your credit/ debit card. As you collect money and stars, you can buy  better cars and unlock more tracks. Some tracks can only be unlocked if you have purchased a specific brand of cars. Then again money is the other option. The game also have a multiplayer option. Game Play and Mechanics: • The game play is pretty straight forward. The level is designed to   potray an actual functioning ci...