Skip to main content

Created my substance designer Wood

Processing the substance designer workflow and implementing ideas into Reality


When I first started this project. My Primary objective is to create a tileable realistic wood texture while learning the workflow of Substance Designer. As the initial phases passed, I learned few techniques in Autodesk Maya, that would help me decrease my modeling production time under the guidance of my instructor martin murphy. The techniques he provided were very helpful in many aspects. And as I looked up tutorials and information provided. I realized that there were some steps that could be removed yet giving us the same required result.


Process: Modeling


References:




Blockout Modeling:




1st Pass Modeling:



Getting the nice curve shape

2nd Pass:



Getting some details into the model.

3rd Pass

Placing up detailed block out
4th Pass:



The details are placed in and time to add the back






Final Modeling:



The final model, with Material ID


Substance designer:






I saved the eight and normal maps . Using Atmospheric Noise, mixed with Directional Noise 2 and Perlin Noise. Mixed first node with  Transformation 2D.
The Final Product of the Graph Above:
 Normal  for wood texture ( tileable 2048 x2048)


 Height Texture ( 2048x2048) Tileable










Unreal Engine 4:


Cherry wood:
Dark Wood
Dark Glass Material:




Gold Strings Material



Final Look:



Close Up on wood material:






Close up on glass:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Particles Refrence and Tutorial!!!!!!!!

Hey guys! For this post, I am excited to announce that I have been learning particles in Unreal Engine 4. And i have to say I have learned alot and enjoyed learning particle this far.  When i first started learning them, I thought they would be complicated, but the statement prooved to be false and was surperised how easy it was to understand them and apply them. After practicing through the tutorials I have learned  all the different types of particles, such as, emitter particle effects, HUD emitter particle effects, Mesh particles, Ribbon particles,  animation curve particles. Anyway, continuing the current assignment, i had to do some research on what kind of a particle do I need to work on and how I can apply that to my other collaborative project of the racing level. And the answer to that was kinda obvious. since i wanted to  have a sand storm in my level, I decided to peruse the sand storm effect. I looked at few real life references and few game ones....

Interactive realistic water ripple effect with dissolving material

By Mayank Babbar Introduction: The original aim of this project was to have interactive water ripples with the player or any moving mesh in 3D space. To achieve this goal, I subdivided this project into the following 4 phases: Research. Process. Progress. Execution. Each of the above phases were treated as calculated time sensitive variables and were executed within the give time frame. Following is my timeline for each phase. Week Number Dates Phases 1 3/31 - 4/4 Research 2 4/7 – 4/11 Process - Progress 3 4/14 – 4/18 Progress -Execution 4 4/21 – 4/25 Execution- complete 5 4/28 – 5/2 Submit Phase 1: Research In this phase I researched on many games characters moving through water mesh.  I took references from the uncharted series, Tomb raider and others. After observing how water would react, I looked for tutorials online. They are as follows. How to make interactive water ripples with moving mesh https:/...

Level analysis of Asphalt 8 Airbone

Asphalt 8 Airborne -  London Track- Classic Game over view:  A sphalt  8 Airborne is a racing  game created for IOS and android systems. The game focuses solely on racing  and has individual missions on the side.   Its free to download and  has excellent graphics . There are 9 seasons  in the game, and each season consists of 15 races.   To advance into the next season you should have  collected a certain amount of stars ( act as experience points) to qualify  for next season or you could pay certain amount of money using your credit/ debit card. As you collect money and stars, you can buy  better cars and unlock more tracks. Some tracks can only be unlocked if you have purchased a specific brand of cars. Then again money is the other option. The game also have a multiplayer option. Game Play and Mechanics: • The game play is pretty straight forward. The level is designed to   potray an actual functioning ci...