Skip to main content

Gamers and Inspiration




 The above works are the copy righted works of Ricardo Bonisili. Ricardo, is a good friend of mine who currently works in both the Film and Game industry as a modeler. I have chosen his works because to me his works are works of inspiration and  pushes me to perform better in my own work. I had known him Ever since I attended Vancouver Film School, where I was studying animation. As a  friend he always had provided me with good constructive criticism, as an artist he showed me some tools that I had not known about at the time and as an inspiration he would always show me what assignments he would work on and how he approached to solve a particular issue.The third Image from above was taken as a screen shot  of his demo reel by the time he passed out of art school. His methodology as per me were broken down into the following; Step1. Shapes; Step 2. Silhouette; Step 3.Texturing and UVs; Step 4. Lighting. Following these steps make look simple , but are time consuming to follow, yet he has mastered them in a fashion that he is able to complete any task following these steps in half the time it takes others to complete. His attention to detail is one of the few factors that make him an inspiration to me. And his experimenting with lighting style gives him an upped had  to  be more than just a modeler but also a lighter. Due to his ability to adapt and learn in the industry, he has played various role in modeling and lighting in various projects, such as X Men: The Days of Future Past; Enders Game; Jack the Giant Slayer and Assassins Creed Revelations.

For More upto date work please see his blog site below:
http://www.ricardobonisoli.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Particles Refrence and Tutorial!!!!!!!!

Hey guys! For this post, I am excited to announce that I have been learning particles in Unreal Engine 4. And i have to say I have learned alot and enjoyed learning particle this far.  When i first started learning them, I thought they would be complicated, but the statement prooved to be false and was surperised how easy it was to understand them and apply them. After practicing through the tutorials I have learned  all the different types of particles, such as, emitter particle effects, HUD emitter particle effects, Mesh particles, Ribbon particles,  animation curve particles. Anyway, continuing the current assignment, i had to do some research on what kind of a particle do I need to work on and how I can apply that to my other collaborative project of the racing level. And the answer to that was kinda obvious. since i wanted to  have a sand storm in my level, I decided to peruse the sand storm effect. I looked at few real life references and few game ones....

Interactive realistic water ripple effect with dissolving material

By Mayank Babbar Introduction: The original aim of this project was to have interactive water ripples with the player or any moving mesh in 3D space. To achieve this goal, I subdivided this project into the following 4 phases: Research. Process. Progress. Execution. Each of the above phases were treated as calculated time sensitive variables and were executed within the give time frame. Following is my timeline for each phase. Week Number Dates Phases 1 3/31 - 4/4 Research 2 4/7 – 4/11 Process - Progress 3 4/14 – 4/18 Progress -Execution 4 4/21 – 4/25 Execution- complete 5 4/28 – 5/2 Submit Phase 1: Research In this phase I researched on many games characters moving through water mesh.  I took references from the uncharted series, Tomb raider and others. After observing how water would react, I looked for tutorials online. They are as follows. How to make interactive water ripples with moving mesh https:/...

Level analysis of Asphalt 8 Airbone

Asphalt 8 Airborne -  London Track- Classic Game over view:  A sphalt  8 Airborne is a racing  game created for IOS and android systems. The game focuses solely on racing  and has individual missions on the side.   Its free to download and  has excellent graphics . There are 9 seasons  in the game, and each season consists of 15 races.   To advance into the next season you should have  collected a certain amount of stars ( act as experience points) to qualify  for next season or you could pay certain amount of money using your credit/ debit card. As you collect money and stars, you can buy  better cars and unlock more tracks. Some tracks can only be unlocked if you have purchased a specific brand of cars. Then again money is the other option. The game also have a multiplayer option. Game Play and Mechanics: • The game play is pretty straight forward. The level is designed to   potray an actual functioning ci...