Skip to main content

Shape / face/gesture studies.

In order to improve my self in modeling in Autodesk Maya,  and Z Brush. I use lots of traditional ways to learn how  to model and render a character or any form in 3D software.  To understand  how faces and shapes work, i do a lot of drawings from real life. When i draw, i accept that fact that my drawings may not turn out to be amazing master pieces,however, I do convince myself that  no matter how the drawing comes out  i will  try to get  as much details as possible.sometimes its hard to even get gestures in real life, however, i have developed a a skill  with my vision that once i capture a gesture in my vision i can  close my eyes and see how basic rules apply. Rules such as with shift,  how the shoulder is aligned to the hip, which direction are the knees and  feet facing. Understanding basic  rules and limitations of human anatomy is crucial and helps understand and get the results. It is a good practice to  start with your friends and  ask them for their consent. You should ask others for their consent as well, if you draw them, so that you wont have any misunderstandings.

First thing I do when I am drawing for life , is look around and  choose a suitable subject.( preferably some one whose sitting or reading a newspaper or  reading a book.)Once you start, make sure you start with basic shapes. Cover the bigger picture  after you have the basic shape going according to the pose,  you can start adding details like curves and outline on the body. This provides better organic nature to your drawing. after which  you start going into details on folds. After which you start to render.

Following are few of my drawings from life  each one of them was time 30 secs - 2 mins. The following helped me to understand how form works and now when i create anatomy of the characters. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Particles Refrence and Tutorial!!!!!!!!

Hey guys! For this post, I am excited to announce that I have been learning particles in Unreal Engine 4. And i have to say I have learned alot and enjoyed learning particle this far.  When i first started learning them, I thought they would be complicated, but the statement prooved to be false and was surperised how easy it was to understand them and apply them. After practicing through the tutorials I have learned  all the different types of particles, such as, emitter particle effects, HUD emitter particle effects, Mesh particles, Ribbon particles,  animation curve particles. Anyway, continuing the current assignment, i had to do some research on what kind of a particle do I need to work on and how I can apply that to my other collaborative project of the racing level. And the answer to that was kinda obvious. since i wanted to  have a sand storm in my level, I decided to peruse the sand storm effect. I looked at few real life references and few game ones....

Interactive realistic water ripple effect with dissolving material

By Mayank Babbar Introduction: The original aim of this project was to have interactive water ripples with the player or any moving mesh in 3D space. To achieve this goal, I subdivided this project into the following 4 phases: Research. Process. Progress. Execution. Each of the above phases were treated as calculated time sensitive variables and were executed within the give time frame. Following is my timeline for each phase. Week Number Dates Phases 1 3/31 - 4/4 Research 2 4/7 – 4/11 Process - Progress 3 4/14 – 4/18 Progress -Execution 4 4/21 – 4/25 Execution- complete 5 4/28 – 5/2 Submit Phase 1: Research In this phase I researched on many games characters moving through water mesh.  I took references from the uncharted series, Tomb raider and others. After observing how water would react, I looked for tutorials online. They are as follows. How to make interactive water ripples with moving mesh https:/...

Level analysis of Asphalt 8 Airbone

Asphalt 8 Airborne -  London Track- Classic Game over view:  A sphalt  8 Airborne is a racing  game created for IOS and android systems. The game focuses solely on racing  and has individual missions on the side.   Its free to download and  has excellent graphics . There are 9 seasons  in the game, and each season consists of 15 races.   To advance into the next season you should have  collected a certain amount of stars ( act as experience points) to qualify  for next season or you could pay certain amount of money using your credit/ debit card. As you collect money and stars, you can buy  better cars and unlock more tracks. Some tracks can only be unlocked if you have purchased a specific brand of cars. Then again money is the other option. The game also have a multiplayer option. Game Play and Mechanics: • The game play is pretty straight forward. The level is designed to   potray an actual functioning ci...