Skip to main content

Vehicle

For our vehicle game which is  titled Sophomore Spinout2015. We were allowed to created any vehicle that we wanted to create withing the requirement of the assignment. The requirements were:

1.  The vehicle  needs to have 4 wheels
2.  It need should already be in existence. ( no fictional or prototype designs)
3.  And should be closed on the top.

Based the requirements, I  researched  on many different type of vehicles and decided to create a car. Researching on what company  and type I wanted to create, I decided to  create a Jeep Wrangler 2013.  The following  are the reference pictures i took from the internet and from real life.







 After looking through for proper stock pictures i decided that o will go with the following pictures to create  my model.













 Based on all teh images rfrences above. as you can see the progress from left to right.
from left: 1. block out of the major shapes of the car.2. Second low poly pass of  Jeep wrangler model.. 3. Low poly model of the vehicle. 4. Second pass of the low poly model of the vehicle. ANd 5. Last is my high poly modelwhich was imported and rigged for the game.




 Main Rigging and weighting were done using automatic Python script which was developed by one of the students in the school.

The final image is as follows:












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Particles Refrence and Tutorial!!!!!!!!

Hey guys! For this post, I am excited to announce that I have been learning particles in Unreal Engine 4. And i have to say I have learned alot and enjoyed learning particle this far.  When i first started learning them, I thought they would be complicated, but the statement prooved to be false and was surperised how easy it was to understand them and apply them. After practicing through the tutorials I have learned  all the different types of particles, such as, emitter particle effects, HUD emitter particle effects, Mesh particles, Ribbon particles,  animation curve particles. Anyway, continuing the current assignment, i had to do some research on what kind of a particle do I need to work on and how I can apply that to my other collaborative project of the racing level. And the answer to that was kinda obvious. since i wanted to  have a sand storm in my level, I decided to peruse the sand storm effect. I looked at few real life references and few game ones....

Interactive realistic water ripple effect with dissolving material

By Mayank Babbar Introduction: The original aim of this project was to have interactive water ripples with the player or any moving mesh in 3D space. To achieve this goal, I subdivided this project into the following 4 phases: Research. Process. Progress. Execution. Each of the above phases were treated as calculated time sensitive variables and were executed within the give time frame. Following is my timeline for each phase. Week Number Dates Phases 1 3/31 - 4/4 Research 2 4/7 – 4/11 Process - Progress 3 4/14 – 4/18 Progress -Execution 4 4/21 – 4/25 Execution- complete 5 4/28 – 5/2 Submit Phase 1: Research In this phase I researched on many games characters moving through water mesh.  I took references from the uncharted series, Tomb raider and others. After observing how water would react, I looked for tutorials online. They are as follows. How to make interactive water ripples with moving mesh https:/...

Level analysis of Asphalt 8 Airbone

Asphalt 8 Airborne -  London Track- Classic Game over view:  A sphalt  8 Airborne is a racing  game created for IOS and android systems. The game focuses solely on racing  and has individual missions on the side.   Its free to download and  has excellent graphics . There are 9 seasons  in the game, and each season consists of 15 races.   To advance into the next season you should have  collected a certain amount of stars ( act as experience points) to qualify  for next season or you could pay certain amount of money using your credit/ debit card. As you collect money and stars, you can buy  better cars and unlock more tracks. Some tracks can only be unlocked if you have purchased a specific brand of cars. Then again money is the other option. The game also have a multiplayer option. Game Play and Mechanics: • The game play is pretty straight forward. The level is designed to   potray an actual functioning ci...